Establishing a fund with The Community Foundation of Northwest Missouri is a simple, personalized process.We make it easy for your charitable dreams to become a reality, so you can support the causes closest to your heart – comfortably, conveniently, and cost-effectively.
Follow these easy steps, and in a matter of minutes, your fund is created:
1. Think about the charitable causes important to you. Funds at The Community Foundation support the broadest range of charitable needs, so whatever your idea, bring it to the table.
2. Review our Types of Funds.
3. Decide how and when you want to give. You can start a fund with cash, securities, real estate, and more, or a deferred gift using a vehicle such as a trust, insurance policy or IRA. Feel free to consult your professional advisor or accountant for information about tax advantages.
4. Our donor services team is here to help. Call us at 816-232-2022 to start a conversation or complete the Donor Election Form below and return it to our office to start the process.
5. After discussing your goals and options, we’ll draft the fund document (a simple agreement outlining the charitable goals of your fund and our policies). Once the document is signed and we’ve received your charitable gift, your fund will be ready for giving!